Dan Champion has just tagged me for a meme. I wasn't going to write anything today so here's a quick one.
5 Things you did not know about Grant Broome:
- I didn't start University until I was 25. By then I was married, had a mortgage, a 2 year old and another on the way. Our generous government gave us a £4,500 to live on. Cheers. I got a first class honours and my mum was very proud.
- Years ago I nearly drowned while swimming off a Majorcan beach. I got caught in a current with my (then) girlfriend and we couldn't get back to shore. The people on the beach made a human chain and got us out of the water. As we sat on the sand, a body washed up on the beach 50 yards from where we were. It was as if the reaper had met his quota and had spared us.
- Before Uni, I owned a bike shop called Magnox Cycles in a little place called Glynneath in South Wales. It was a partnership with my very good friend Mike Peck. It was a small business and it didn't pay very well, but I have very fond memories of my time working there. The shop was 13 miles from my house and I rode to work nearly every day.
- I am born on the same day as my brother, but we are not twins.
- In another life I would be a carpenter. I've just finished building a dining table especially for Christmas. It's designed to seat 10 people and it's partially made from reclaimed pine. It's the first piece of furniture I have ever made and it's not too bad. I enjoyed the experience so much I'll probably make something else.